Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BABIES!!!

This movie looks too cool not to share....check it out!! 

There is a trailer at the end of this post -- maybe it is just the pregnancy hormones in me, but I got a little teary eyed watching it...

and to think, I'll have my
own
new
little
squishy

when this movie comes out!!


The adventure of a lifetime begins…

Directed by award-winning filmmaker Thomas Balmès, from an original idea by producer Alain Chabat, Babies simultaneously follows four babies around the world – from birth to first steps. The children are, respectively, in order of on-screen introduction: Ponijao, who lives with her family near Opuwo, Namibia; Bayarjargal, who resides with his family in Mongolia, near Bayanchandmani; Mari, who lives with her family in Tokyo, Japan; and Hattie, who resides with her family in the United States, in San Francisco.

Re-defining the nonfiction art form, Babies joyfully captures on film the earliest stages of the journey of humanity that are at once unique and universal to us all.

A Focus Features presentation of a Chez Wam/StudioCanal co-production with the participation of Canal +. Babies. Executive Producers, TBC Productions, Chez Wam. Original Idea, Alain Chabat. Adapted by Thomas Balmès. Edited by Craig McKay, A.C.E., Reynald Bertrand. Produced by Alain Chabat, Amandine Billot, Christine Rouxel. Music by Bruno Coulais. Directed by Thomas Balmès. A Focus Features Release.

In theatres Mother's Day Weekend, May 7th.

3 comments:

mel said...

My mom keeps telling me about this film. She really, really wants to see it, especially with our recent experience with our own baby in Japan!

Melanie said...

It's not just the pregnancy. I tear up every time I see it, and I've watched it many times. I wish we could see it together!

Emily S. said...

Ditto! I have been DYING to see it, after seeing a preview last fall, and then seeing the preview again this week while I was at the movies.

Can't wait! :)