Sunday, March 21, 2010

Maternity Photo Shoot -- McDuex

One of the things with having two kids, is coming to the realization (or at least admitting) that there were lots of *firsts* with the first that may never happen with the second.

I mean, we literally took THOUSANDS of pictures of lil Max (and that was just in his first 3 months, LOL!). I worry (admit) that this probably will not be the case with McDuex.

So, I tried to make a few amends, and try to do a few things I DIDN'T do with lil Max.

A maternity photo shoot was one of those. First off, I ADORE being pregnant. So far, these two pregnancies have been pretty easy peasy. No complications, not a lot of weight gain (I just hit 20 lbs with McDuex this week), and really, not a lot to complain about. Of course, if I think about complaining, I just think about all those people less fortunate than I that have REAL things to complain about...and then I shut my mouth :). But seriously. Acid reflux and occassional lower back pain don't qualify as real complaints...I AM pregnant, after all.....

So, it just made sense that since I didn't document my first pregnancy with lil Max in photos, that I would do it this go around. Another big influence on this decision also should be mentioned -- so many of the girlfriends I made from my November mommies board are photographers or aspiring photographers, and I realize JUST HOW MANY MOMENTS I missed.

Shannon Wucherer Photography took lil Max's one year pics in November 2008.  I thought she did a really great job...so it just made sense to ask her to do maternity shots for McDuex.  She just did the photoshoot on Saturday, and ALREADY she's posted a sneak peek on her blog...

Check it out!!!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Still love the photos, still hate you a little for loving pregnancy so much. ;)

Whitney said...

Nice photo session!
Definite keepers...

Tiffany said...

Great philosophy, I might just have to steal that point of view. I'm not brave enough to do a maternity photo shoot, but maybe I can come up with something else. . .

Emily S. said...

Hooray for maternity pics! Hooray for baby #2! :)