Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 Week Checkup

Sam went to the doctor today for his two week check up (+ 3 days).

His stats:
Weight = 7 lbs 9.5 oz (YAH!  Back up to and exceeding his birth weight!!); 40%
Height = 20.75 inches; 40%
Head Circ = 37 cm; 40%

He is a healthy little boy.  He demonstrated his strength by almost rolling from his back to his belly while the doctor was examining him.  In fact, just yesterday he rolled himself from his tummy to his back while we were doing tummy time!  I don't know whether I should consider it a true 'rolling over' or not, as he's only 16 days old and he hasn't really 'uncurled' himself yet.  The doctor said we should -- based on what she saw today.  I know I shouldn't compare the two boys, but little Max didn't roll over until he was 6 months old!!

Sam is still mostly mellow.  He is getting a bit of his personality now, and I can't wait until I get to see smiles.  He is starting to make some cooing noises...but they are few and far between.  I loved it when little Max cooed at me...can't wait for Sam to start doing that too!

Tonight will be Sam's first night in his crib.  Wish us luck!  :)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

yay, sam!
how did the crib go? we haven't done that with tess yet, but we're close! i'm not sure how to go about it though...this babe hates the swaddle!

mel said...

But of course he's a smart cookie... the apple doesn't fall far...
Now, how about some visual updates? Hot any photos of this newest cutie?

mel said...

Umm... I hate typos. Hot = Got in this scenario.