Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sam's first trip

I was lucky enough to be able to bring Sam along for an annual work trip to Martha's Vineyard this year.  The trip fell right on the cusp of the end of my maternity leave, and I made the decision to go even though my leave wasn't technically over yet.

Not knowing how well Sam would do travelling, in retrospect, that was a really risky decision.  But, seriously, this kid is so laid-back and mellow...he made the trip more enjoyable, and it was SO EASY.  It is even more impressive to me because I did the trip solo!

Sam was an angel baby the entire time.  He took the flights in stride.  He took the 8-hr meetings in stride by falling asleep for most of them!  :)  He went down each night without a fuss in the rented pack and play, woke up for his once a night feeding, and happily went back to sleep -- even letting mommy sleep IN a little bit!

In the end, I don't regret my decision a single bit.  It was a great experience for Sam, and now we know that he's a good traveler, so traveling again in the near future isn't quite as daunting!  YEAH SAM!

Ready to go!


Sam chilling on the flight from Mke to Boston


Sam actively participating in the meetings.


Taking a snooze next to mommy during one of the breaks.


Excited to see the ocean for the first time!


Beach.


Dipping his twinkle toes in the ocean for the first time.


I think he liked it...




Here's a short video of the experience. You'll have to tilt your head to watch it though...I can't figure out how to rotate the clip....



Snuggling with some of our friends...


Chilling on the flight home...


And falling asleep...


Still asleep!  Welcome home!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! What a mellow little guy he is. I am glad it was a good experience all around.

mel said...

Noelle wants to say that Baby Sam is very cute. I think Mama Stef is very sexy - the beach, sand, and blue skies agree with you both.

Emily S. said...

NICE! You weren't kidding about him being so chill. And you look gorgeous in that first shot! :)