Thursday, January 27, 2011

2011 Goals Update - January

Here's a quick and dirty update on where I'm at in regards to my "Goals" or "Resolutions" for the year...

2011 Resolutions
1. Lose 10 lbs  - after a minor setback called a VACATION, I am happy to report that I am -1 lb from my starting weight!  It may seem minor, but I accomplished it without any type of effort, really.  Next month I need to get back on track with my exercise program!!

2. Run a 5K - I did go running twice this month, does that count?  LOL  It is hard to get out and go running when it is so cold outside. I do have a gym membership, so I could use the treadmill, but to be honest it is the furthest thing from my mind when I get off work.  I'd rather go home and snuggle with my little men.  Besides, Sam is still nursing, so I'd rather not miss his bedtime too.  I still have time.  And, to be fair, jumping back into running wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I was still able to run a substantial amount of the 3.2 mile route...

3. Move - still working on the logistics of this one...stay tuned!

4. Re-learn how to sew -  I got a project cut out, pinned and ready to go.  Now I just have to actually SEW it....

5. Re-learn how to knit  - not on the radar for this month...

6. Re-do the blog  - I have been collected and bookmarking lots of information for the transformation.  I think I am going to stay with blogger.  Playing around with the design tab, I also noticed that blogger has done some recent upgrades to what you can do with your blog, so that will be coming in handy!

7. Teach little Max to read  - We have increased words we can spell/identify to "O-N spells ON and N-O spells NO".  He also likes to read STOP signs to us.  Other words include MAX, SAM, MOM and DAD.  He surprised me this month by sounding out some of the letters while attempting to spell his friend's name on his computer....

8. Make one homemade/handmade crafty a month - this month my crafty was a scrapbook page of all the xmax cards we received.  You can check it out (with some of our other Christmas Crafties HERE).

9. Blog at least once a week  - YES!  I have definitely done this!  :)

10. Purge the house one room at a time  - the first room tackled was the basement.  We had an entire trunk load to donate to Goodwill!  Sorry, no before or after pictures, and I am sure it will need to be purged again soon as it is the holding spot for many of my day to day purgings...

11. BREATHE  - I can't even BEGIN to tell you how useful this word has been to me so far.  When I have been in situations where I was about to lose my cool, I reminded myself to 'breathe' and it WORKED!!  I really REALLY hope this one sticks with me all year!

2 comments:

Megan said...

You are doing a wonderful job on your goals! You are amazing!

Melanie said...

Go Stef, GO! Impressive that you've done so well so far! I can't wait to see your sewing project. What is it?