Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lil Max goes Bowling

This weekend we participated in the Beastly Bowlathon a fundraiser for the Zoological Society of Milwaukee (where I also happen to work...).  It was little Max's FIRST time bowling.  He did pretty good...see for yourself...


Of course, he really only 'bowled' a few frames before he lost interest.  He was actually much more fascinated with the ball return and the buttons that you push to reset the pins (sorry Amanda...he didn't mean to push it...).  I bowled the first game with Sam in the Beco.  That was quite a workout!!  And I was already sore from an hour-long yoga class I had attended that morning.  Needless to say, I did not wear Sam for the next two games...

After the first game, lil Max opted to sit back and watch us bowl while he ate his snack.  Then, he won the door prize!  Which resulted in the adoption of a new stuffed animal swan, whom he promptly named "Flopsy".

And, thanks to my awesome co-worker, Kristin -- who took Max under her wing (no pun intended flopsy) and let lil Max bowl with her for the entire 3rd game.  I think the two of them still beat me...and I couldn't blame it on my baby-wearing anymore...so I guess I'll just have to admit that I am a bad bowler...LOL.

All in all, it was a fun day.  The kiddos were wiped out by all the excitement, and we learned for future reference that if we do choose to go bowling again...one game is all we need...  :)

No comments: