Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bubble Bath Fun

Those of you that know me well know that I don't like to sit still and that I'm always DOING something.  Well, it seems that as a result of that, our days are NEVER boring.  We are always DOING something or LEARNING something...even if we are doing it snuggled up on the couch.  With the warm weather starting (please oh please stay!), it means we will be able to get outside more and play and get dirty.  We ALL can't wait...this winter has brought on MAJOR cabin fever.  I think we've all had our fill of playing and sorting beans, indoor science experiments, fort building, playing in boxes, coloring, playdoh, letter tracing, cutting, baking, etc.  And that's just scratching the surface of our indoor 'projects'. 

Today, since it was still relatively 'warm' and sunny when we got home, we played outside.  Sam had crashed on the 2 min drive home and was already so deeply asleep he didn't wake from the transition from  car seat to crib...in fact, he didn't even wake as I took his coat off of him...  This meant that lil Max and I had plenty of time to enjoy the brisk spring like air.  It was heavenly!  We blew bubbles, used sidewalk chalk, and explored the half melted snowman still left in the front yard...  It was great.  We have dreams of 'decorating' the yard (pruning bushes and cleaning up the yard in Max speak), planting the garden, watching flowers bloom and planting more flowers.  Those dreams will have to wait a little bit longer...

While we wait, we will continue to have fun indoors.  Sometimes, its something as simple as a bubble bath!  We have a pretty set bedtime routine in our house.  We all like knowing what comes next and it makes it pretty easy to round up two kids and get them in bed before 7:30.  We usually eat dinner together, play a little bit, then head up for our bubble bath.  Max and Sam still take a bath together and enjoy each other's company in the tub.  Some nights, we have more bubbles than others....


Both boys really enjoying having bubbles in the tub and splashing and playing in there.  Sometimes I get the warning from little Max that "Sam's too close to me, Mom!"  because Sam is sneaky and likes to slide closer and closer to little Max during bathtime.  I tell Max this is because Sam loves him and wants to be close to him (but it's really because Sam is eyeing up whatever toy Max is playing with and is trying to figure out how he can steal it from him)!  :)

Max was very into having a bubble beard.  I think he wanted to pretend he was Santa Claus..

There is a very precise methodology for applying a bubble beard.  Let me tell you! I think I finally have it perfected...see for yourself:

Cute, no?  He kinda looks like a smurf!  :)

4 comments:

Anna said...

He does look like Papa Smurf!

I know I say this every time but man oh man, Sam is cute.

Megan said...

Love it! My boys still bathe together, and those moments are some of my favorite. I will be taking notes on your beard application process!

mel said...

You're killing me with these adorable boys in the bubble bath!

Beth said...

That's one cute smurf!!