Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I am lucky and blessed to have three wonderful men in my life who really know what it means to be a Father -- the sacrifices, the joys, the pains, and the elation that comes along with that role.

I admire my Father in law for taking steps to make sure that he can be the best Father and Grandfather that he can be.  He is a truly wonderful man who has so much to give this earth.  He has a gentle nature about him and a smile that is truly contagious (and I see it in both of my boys).

I admire my Father for influencing me and helping mold me into the woman I am today.  Through encouraging words, persistent reminders and loving nudges.  I may not have always appreciated these things at the time, but looking back I know that everything he did was done in love.

Including this: 

Who says Dads can't take part in babywearing, or having cool sideburns and sunglasses?

And, I admire my husband who has fallen into the role of Daddy so seamlessly.  Sure, there are times we both want to pull our hair out or when we lose our temper.  We're only human, after all.  But, watching this man interact with his sons puts a serious squeeze on my heart.  I fell in love with him years ago as my husband, and I find myself falling in love with him over and over as I watch him being a Father.  What a remarkable thing to witness!!!

As a tribute to Daddy, we made this:


Both of the boys really enjoyed squishing their hands in paint and making the handprints.  What boy wouldn't?

I tried to interview little Max to ask him a bunch of questions about Daddy, but he was too distracted to sit still...so I won't bore you with the long and frustrating video.  So, instead, I thought I would share this funny video that came at an impromptu time last week -- little max decided he wanted to interview Daddy.  I think it turned out pretty cute:



Happy Father's Day to ALL the Dads out there -- just remember, you mean the WORLD to someone!

1 comment:

Anna said...

It seems that Big Max likes things that are quiet. Hmm...wonder why?