Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 - Project 366/52

Here are the photos I took for my first week of Project 366 and Project 52

Day 1:  Kissing cousins.  Sam gives his cousin Lilly kisses to cheer her up during a recent visit. Jan 1, 2012

Day 2:  Fire Watching.  We lit a fire in our fireplace for the very first time since moving in.  Sam was so entranced by the fire he just sat watching it... Jan 2, 2012


Day 3:  Spoon Fighting.  Sam strikes a pose during dinner time.  Sam makes this face all the time whenever he gets excited - he doesn't make a sound when he does it, he just makes the face -- it cracks us up every time... Jan 3, 2012


Day 4:  Soccer Boy.  Sam is obsessed with all things ball.  Here he is holding his soccer ball that Daddy bought him in Denmark.  He is really good at kicking it around the house, throwing it and even catching it! Jan 4, 2012

Day 5.  High temps.  It actually got closer to 60 the next day, but this day it got in the middle-upper forties...in JANUARY!!  Jan 5, 2012

Day 6.  Potato Dumplings.  The kids won't eat mashed potatoes or potatoes in any form other than french fries, really.  So, I decided to try to fool them and made mashed potato dumplings.  They still wouldn't eat them....  Jan 6, 2012.

Day 7.  Basketball Sam.  One of my better pictures, if I must say so myself!  We played outside in the unseasonably *warm* January weather and I snapped this shot of Sam with the basketball in our driveway.  He is O.B.E.S.S.E.D. with the basketball and would sleep with it if we let him.  He is also in love with his new lion hat.... Jan 7, 2012.

Week 1 - Sunshine and Juniper berries.  I took this shot of the sunshine filtering through the Juniper bush in our backyard while we were outside adventuring, and really liked the way it looked, so I am using this one as my first weekly shot for Project 52.

Overall, I am dubbing the first week the 'week of Sam' because I couldn't get little Max to sit still long enough (or to wipe the sassy look off his face for long enough) to get a good shot of him.  I'm going to have to try harder next week, I guess!

1 comment:

mel said...

I love the excited face. Nice grab!