Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hill's® Science Diet® Ideal Balance™ cat food - Product Review


I am a member of BzzAgent and was lucky enough to be a part of the Hill's Science Diet pet food campaign.  For being a member, I was sent a free bag of pet food to test out and review.  I chose to test out the cat food because we did an earlier campaign for pet food that Mason got to participate in and we like to be all equal opportunity in this household....

I used to work for a Veterinarian....one that sold Hill's Science Diet in his clinic.  I know how strongly he recommended it to his clients...but I also know how expensive it is.  And, if your animals are anything like MY animals (and kids for that matter)...they can be picky eaters at times.  Some days they chow down like they haven't been fed in WEEKS and other days they just pick at their food like they think it's laced with arsenic or something (and yes...this applies to both the pets AND the children).

So, needless to say, I've always been a bit reluctant to dole out wads of cash for pet food that may or MAY NOT be eaten by my pets.  I don't like to buy the cheapest food on the shelf for my cat...I like to buy her something that I feel enhances her health and helps her live a more meaningful INDOOR life.  With that said, I was SO incredibly happy to be chosen for this campaign so that I could test to see if she liked it or not.

And she did...boy did she ever.  I poured some in her bowl the night I received it and she had pretty much eaten the entire bowl of food in the time it took me to run 3 miles on the treadmill (ok...so that might be a bit of time but whatever).  No hesitation to the food whatsoever...she just dug in.  Since then, I have been mixing it with my normally purchased food and she has been eating it all up like I'm treating her to fresh fish or something quite as delectable.

Will I continue to buy it?  The jury is out.  It IS quite a bit more expensive...but it will last longer if I mix it with her normal food.  She doesn't really have any medical issues right now...so we don't need speciality food at this point (for overweight, hairball, old age, etc).  But you can bet I won't hesitate to turn to Science Diet if the need arises...because I have nothing to worry about in terms of her rejecting it...and that was my main concern. 

Do you have a pet and would you like to try it to?  Well YOU are in luck!! 

Just go to:  www.hillspet.com/idealbalance to check out their Competitive Cat and Dog Food Comparison tools, an easy way to compare your current pet food to Ideal Balance™, and download a Free Bag Rebate!!!

No comments: